You Recently Moved To A New House | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You have recently moved to a different house. Write a letter to an English speaking friend. In your letter:
- Explain why you have moved
- Describe the new house
- Invite your friend to come and visit.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I’m just writing to let you know that I shifted to a new house two weeks ago.
I had been awaiting promotion for a long time and now I have been promoted as a branch manager in the newly opened branch of my company. The new office is a long way away from the house where I lived before. The long commute made me very tired and so I decided to move to a new place.
I’m now living in a fully furnished brand new house. It has a large living room, a modular kitchen, two cosy bedrooms and especially a spacious parking area. The house is surrounded by a beautiful garden, which I love the most. The balcony is very attractive and it is the place where I relax after a long busy day. The rent is quite high; nevertheless, I am comfortable living here because of the easy access to office and other amenities.
So, when are we going to meet up? If you have time next weekend please come with your family. We will have lunch and spend some quality time together. You can also take a look at my new house.
See you soon.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend
- Write A Letter To A Friend Explaining Why You Have Moved | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your House | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter |A Letter To Your Employer Requesting A Transfer
- You Have Just Moved Into A New Home And Are Planning To Hold A Party | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: A letter to a friend
- Your Friend Has Recently Got Engaged | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample |A Letter To Your Landlord