You Received Your Gas Bill And You Are Overcharged | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
You received your monthly gas bill and realized that you were overcharged for the last quarter. Upon further examination of the information on the gas bill, you realized that the gate of your house was not left unlocked for access to be granted for the meter reading to be checked. Write a letter to your utilities board. Explain mentioned points.
• Describe the meter reading you saw on your bill and why you feel you were overcharged
• Explain why this information is wrong.
• Say what you would you like the utilities board to do.
Here is a band 7 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to you regarding my gas bill for the last quarter. I received it on July 21st, 2018 and I suspect that I have been overcharged.
The itemized bill is erroneous. Upon closer investigation of the bill, I realized that the meter reading was not accurate. I guess that is because the person who had come to check the reading did not have access to the reader. I had been away for the last one month and the gate was locked. I suspect that since they could not take the meter reading, they put some random number. While I do admit that I have a duty to provide access to the meter, I cannot understand why your employee chose to put some random reading in the bill. Because of this reason, I was overcharged.
I believe that it would be in the interest of us both if you could send someone to take the accurate meter reading as soon as possible and adjust my bill.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write An Apology Letter To A Friend
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter Expressing Your Dissatisfaction With A Part Time Job | IELTS Letter Samples
- Letter To Friend About Wallet Left At Their Place | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS sample letter
- Band 7 Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris but forgot your bag on the plane | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Relative Is Visiting You But You Won’t Be There To Receive Them
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter