You Need To Take Leave Of Over One Month For Personal Reasons | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You need to take leave from your work of over one month for personal reasons. Write a letter to your boss. In your letter:
- explain the reason for the leave and the length of leave you need
- explain how you will keep up-to-date while you’re away
- suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am Rajeev Menon working in the Sales team of your company with ID no. ST165 and I am writing this letter to request you to grant me leave of absence for a month. My brother’s marriage is on 24th July 2021 and if possible I would like to leave work on 27th of June and be back on the 27th of July. This will allow me to help my father with wedding arrangements.
As I can access work from home, every day I will complete my work and send you the updated spreadsheets via email. If there are any queries I will contact my team for assistance through email. I will not be able to work much during the week before the wedding. Hence, I will work on the weekends as well after I come back to work and finish all the pending tasks without delay.
Thank you for your consideration.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS letter sample | Leave application letter
- You Have Lost Your Student Identification Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- Although You Have Never Formally Studied Computing, You Have Always Been Interested In Computers | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Been Busy With Your Studies For The Past Month And Have Not Had Time To Visit Your Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Are Due To Move Into A Rented Apartment Next Month | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Letter Sample | A Letter to The Manager Requesting Leave of Absence
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To Supervisor Requesting Leave Of Absence
- Your Friend Is Coming But You Cannot Receive Them At The Airport | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Decided To Leave Your Current Employment | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample