You Missed A Flight Due To A Problem At The Airport
You missed a flight due to a problem at the airport. Write a letter to the airline. In your letter,
- describe what happened that caused you to miss the flight
- explain how missing your flight affected you
- make it clear what you would like the airline to do
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
My name is Vishal Singh and I booked my flight ticket with your airline on 20th April. I am writing this letter to inform you that certain changes to the airport guidelines caused me to miss my flight from Hyderabad to Delhi.
There were mainly two major problems. Firstly, due to insufficient security personnel it took me two hours to complete my security check. If that was not bad enough, there are no separate security check points for domestic and international travelers and hence it takes twice as much longer to complete the process.
Missing the flight was a devastating experience for me. As a result, I was unable to reach Delhi to attend my own sister’s wedding. You can imagine how embarrassing it would have been for my family members to not have their elder son at the wedding.
To resolve this immediately, I would urge the airlines to initiate a full refund of my airline ticket for the inconvenience caused to me. I expect this to be resolved within the next five business days. If this matter remains unresolved I will be forced to take legal action.
I look forward to hearing from you
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Your Friend Is Coming But You Cannot Receive Them At The Airport | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write A Letter To An Airline Manager Regarding Your Bad Experience On A Recent Flight | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Traveled By Plane And Your Suitcase Was Lost | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Lost Your Bag On A Flight | A Letter To The Airline
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place