You Left Your Handbag On The Plane | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
Last Monday you flew from Mumbai to Bangalore. When you reached home, you discovered that you had left your hand bang on the plane. Write a letter to the airline. In your letter you have to explain:
Where and when you lost the bag
What your bag looks like
What its contents were
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS sample letter
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to report lost property. It seems that I have left my hand bag on your flight. Last Friday I flew from Mumbai to Bangalore on flight no KF246. While boarding the flight I had my hand bag with me and I still remember placing it in the overhead bin. Unfortunately, I forgot to take it before getting off the plane. I didn’t discover that my bag was missing until I reached home.
My bag is made of leather and has leopard prints on it. It also sports the label ‘Trendy’ on the front side. It is locked with a small lock. I had my course work and some books in it. It also contained some gifts I received from my uncle and cousins in Mumbai.
As you can imagine, these things are very important to me. Please let me know if you have my bag in your possession and how I can get it back. If you have any questions about my request, feel free to contact me by phone at 6454200 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to your reply.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Forgot Your Handbag On The Aeroplane
- Last Tuesday you flew from New York to Paris but forgot your bag on the plane | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- You Lost Your Bag On A Flight | A Letter To The Airline
- You Traveled By Plane And Your Suitcase Was Lost | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- During a recent plane journey, you sat next to a businessman who owns a chain of restaurants | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- During A Recent Plane Journey, You Sat Next To A Businessman Who Owns A Chain Of Restaurants | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
- IELTS letter sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | During A Place Journey You Sat Next To A Man Who Offered You A Job
- A Friend Has Invited You To Visit Their Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample