You Just Received A Credit Card Statement From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You just received a credit card statement from your bank. The statement lists a number of expensive purchases that you are sure you did not make. Write a letter to the bank manager. In the letter:
- Introduce yourself
- Explain that you did not buy the items listed
- Say what you would like the bank to do to fix the problem
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is James and I have a Visa card ending 84123 issued by your bank. There are some entries / transactions which I do not recognize in my credit card statement for the month of June and I would like to have them removed.
There are 4 transactions of value ranging from $600 to $800 from Equifax. I have never ordered any products or services from this company. As you can see from my credit card history, I usually make purchases worth less than $200. Moreover, I did some research on Google on Equifax. It turns out Equifax is infamous for charging people’s credit card without their consent.
I request to have all charges related to Equifax removed from my account as soon as possible. Furthermore, my credit card number is probably compromised since they were able to charge it 4 times. Please lock my current card and send me a new card with a different credit card number.
Please take action upon my request.
Thank you for your support.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- You Just Received A Credit Card Statement From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Received A Letter From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Bank Should Check The Finances Of A Person Before Issuing Credit Cards To Them
- An Increasing Number Of People Use The Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- As An International Student In Sweden, You Have An Account With A Local Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- IELTS essay: Will credit cards replace traditional currency?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Careless Use Of Credit Cards
- In A Cashless Society, People Use More Credit Cards