You Have Lost An Item Of Value On A Train | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You have lost an item of value on a train. Write a letter to the railway company. In your letter, describe the item, explain where and when you left it and say what action you would like the company to take.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to report lost property. I forgot my camera on the train last week. It is a new camera I bought last week for 90 dollars. It is a black colour sleek model from Canon. It was freshly sealed in a thermocol case and enclosed in a white cardboard box. The entire size of the package would be around 10 to 12 cm in length and breadth.
I lost this camera last Friday evening while travelling on the central line. I boarded the fast train from Andheri station at 6:30 PM. I got into the first-class compartment which was around midway through the platform. I had several bags with me including the camera box. Due to less space in the upper racks, I put my camera box under the seat. Unfortunately, I forgot to take it while getting off at Mulund station.
I purchased this camera with the intention to gift it to someone. I am very eager to get it back. I earnestly request you to ask your staff to search the compartment. I would be really grateful to you. If you find it please give me a call on my number 1234567890.
Thank you for your support.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | On a recent holiday, you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You Lost Some Valuables During A Train Journey
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 Letter Sample | An Insurance Claim
- You Traveled By Plane And Your Suitcase Was Lost | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 sample letter: Make an insurance claim
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home
- Band 8 Letter Sample To a Hotel Manager About Lost Documents
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Making An Insurance Claim