You Had Arranged To Meet A Friend Next Week, But You Won’t Be Able To Go | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
You had arranged to meet a friend next week, but you have realised that you will not be able to go. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter
- cancel the meeting with your friend and apologise
- explain why you will not be able to meet your friend
- suggest where and when you could see each other
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
I hope you’re doing fine. I regret to say that I won’t be able to meet you as promised and hope that you’ll forgive me. I’m so sorry that I have to put off our meeting! It’s a shame that I couldn’t stick to the plan to meet you next Tuesday. I don’t have enough words to express my regret at having to postpone the meeting to another day.
The truth is I’m under tremendous work pressure and also in danger of losing my job if I don’t meet a sales target. I have to visit a potential customer next Tuesday. This is why I’m compelled to cancel our meeting.
I really hope you’ll understand my situation. By the way to make up for this, I have booked a table for us both in your favourite restaurant, The Royal, for next Saturday at 7:00 PM. I hope you can make it.
See you soon.
- IELTS Letter: Write a letter to your friend expressing your inability to meet on a particular date
- Band 9 letter sample | Cancel an appointment
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Borrowed Something From Your Friend And It Got Damaged | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Sample letter | An apology
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- Band 8 Essay Sample | An Apology Letter To A Friend For Not Being Able To Attend His/Her Birthday Pary