You Found Problems With An Expensive Item You Bought | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You recently bought a large expensive item but when it was delivered to your home you found some problems with it. Write a letter to the manager of the shop. In your letter:
- Give details of what you bought
- Describe the problems with your item
- Say what you want the shop to do
Given below is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and task 1 academic reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a patron of your store, ‘The Home Shop’. Last week, I ordered a wooden baby cot in pink color with the Hello Kitti theme for my daughter. As the product was bulky, I made full payment and opted for home delivery. I was positive that with the professional staff of your store, nothing would go wrong with my order; hence I did not double check it.
To my surprise, when I received the shipment at my home yesterday, it turned out to be completely different in design and color. The theme is Spiderman and the color is red instead of Hello Kitti and pink.
I would request you to send someone over and collect the wrong package from my house. Also, send the actual item that I had ordered at the earliest to my address. In case, the same product is out of stock, I demand a full refund from you.
Expecting prompt action
If you have a letter on this topic, you can post it below and get a free band score estimate.
- On A Recent Holiday You Lost A Valuable Item | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to an online store
- You Bought A Piece Of Equipment For Your Kitchen But It Does Not Work | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Complaint Letter About A Laptop You Bought
- Two Weeks Ago You Bought A Radio From A Well-Known Chain Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You recently bought some food at a supermarket, but, when you got home, you found that the food was in bad condition | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Laptop You Bought Has A Problem
- You Have Lost An Item Of Value On A Train | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Took Home An Item That Belongs To Your Friend
- Band 8 Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter