You Bought A Football Match Ticket. However, You Are Unable To Go | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You bought a football match ticket. However, you are unable to go. So, you want to offer the ticket to your friend.
a letter to your friend. In your letter:
1. Explain the football tournament
2. Why you are unable to go
3. How can your friend get the ticket
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
How are you doing? Hope the new apartment is spacious and comfortable for you.
You know how much I love football, especially watching it from the stands. I was planning to go to the Manchester Derby this weekend and purchased a ticket for it.
It is a Premier League fixture between Manchester United and Manchester City that’s being hosted at Old Trafford on Feb 19th.
Unfortunately, I need to travel out of town by this weekend, as I’m asked to attend my annual board review meeting in London. As I would be away from the city on matchday, I want to offer this ticket to you. I know you love to watch football games and hope you are free this weekend to attend this fixture.
I will courier the ticket today and it will reach you in a day or two. Also, I have already e-mailed you the e-ticket as a backup. Hopefully, you will be happy to receive this ticket. Do write back as soon as you get the courier.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Your Friend Invited You To His Party But You Are Unable To Attend | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Looking For A Part-time Job At A Football Club | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You are looking for a part time job at a football club | IELTS letter sample
- Band 9 letter sample: You forgot a coat at your friend’s place
- You Play A Team Sport With Some Friends | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Forgot Your Watch At A Friend’s Place | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Starting A New Business And Need To Build A Website | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Friend Has Recently Got Engaged | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend