You Are A Student At University Of Sydney. Your ID Card Has Been Stolen | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You are a student at University of Sydney. Your ID card has been stolen. Write to the Local Police Station, giving details of who you are, what happened and asking what you should do to get a new ID card.
You should write at least 150 words.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing this letter to report theft of of my ID card. My name us Kulvir Kaur. I am a student of Information Technology Support Services at University of Sydney.
Today morning, I was waiting at the train station for my train. I went to the snack bar for having my breakfast. I don’t know when it was stolen but it was with me when I entered the snack bar at the train station. The place was a bit crowded and I did feel that somebody had put their hand in my pocket but I didn’t take it seriously at the moment. I discovered that I had lost my ID card when I was at college around 3 hours later.
My id number is A7897637 and If you need, I do have some copies of my stolen ID card. Please let me know the procedure about how I can apply for a new card and what would be the cost for applying new card.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
For English grammar and vocabulary lessons, visit my blog perfectyourenglish.com
- You Have Received A Letter From Your Bank Asking You To Acknowledge Receipt Of A New Bank Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You are accepted as an overseas student by a university | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- You Are A Current Student Of Loren Brusque University | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Received A Letter From Your Bank That Should Have Contained A New Credit Card | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are A Current Student Of Loren Brusque University | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Just Received A Credit Card Statement From Your Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Received A Letter From Your University Demanding A Reason For Your Absence From An Exam | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- As An International Student In Sweden, You Have An Account With A Local Bank | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have A Spare Room In Your Flat And You Want to Rent It To A Student | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 9 letter sample: A letter giving directions to reach your home