You And Your Friends Ate A Meal At A Restaurant | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
You and some friends ate a meal at a restaurant to celebrate a special occasion, and you were very pleased with the food and service. Write a letter to the restaurant manager. In your letter:
- give details of your visit to the restaurant
- explain the reason for the celebration
- say what was good about the food and the service
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
My friends and I had a meal at your restaurant last Saturday. We were celebrating the tenth anniversary of our graduation. Most of us had traveled a long way to be there that night. It was indeed a special occasion for us, as many of my friends had not seen each other for years.
We occupied the table 4 and ordered the meal of the day, and I must say – it was delicious. I cannot speak for everyone, but I had never eaten anything as good as it was. Our waiter, who introduced himself as John, was all helpful and prompt. He told us everything we wanted to know about the menu, gave us some good advice, and served our table flawlessly. And we would be happy to give credits to the Chef for desserts. They were terrific – we ordered some ice cream and a carrot cake, and they were perfect.
We all are very happy for having chosen your restaurant and want to thank you a lot for the unforgettable night we had there.
All the best to you and your restaurant
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Newspaper Editor About A Restaurant You Visited
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To An Editor
- Band 8.5 Letter Sample | Letter to Foreign Friends
- Band 9 essay sample: A thank-you letter
- IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To Friends For Holiday At Their Place
- IELTS speaking: practice questions with answers
- IELTS sample letter: informal letter between friends
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 8 letter sample | A letter to a neighbour
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour