Write A Letter To The Principal Of The College You Got Accepted And Say You Cannot Start The Course | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
Write a letter to the principal of a college in which you got accepted and say you cannot start the course. Please include in your letter:
- Which course had you applied for
- Why cannot you start
- Ask about the future courses availability
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
My name is XXX and I am writing this letter to inform you that I will not be able to join the course at your college this year.
Last month, I applied for a full-time one year course in “Artificial Intelligence” at your prestigious college “Georgia Institute of Technology” and surprisingly I got accepted , although I was not sure that I would get selected for admission to your college as my GPA is below 4.0.
However, regretfully I have to inform you that I cannot pursue my course this year because my family is struggling with a financial crisis and is unable to pay my course fees and overhead expenses such as rent, travel expenses and other utility bills. So, I have to postpone my studies for some time.
I would like to request you to provide me information about the availability of various courses and their fees structure for the next academic year. Also, I would be grateful to you if you could suggest me some alternative ways to fund my course.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon regarding this matter.
- Write A Letter To The College Director Requesting A Change Of Course | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You are accepted as an overseas student by a university | Band 8 IELTS letter sample
- A Letter To College Magazine About Need To Improve College Cafeteria
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Friend Who Wants To Know About Your College
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Advising Him To Find A Job
- College Accommodation | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Inability To Return Library Books On Time
- Band 8 letter sample | Financial assistance for doing a course
- Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample | You eat at your college cafeteria every lunch time. However, you think it needs some improvements.
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples