With The Fast Pace Of Modern Life More And More People Are Turning Towards Fast Food | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
With the fast pace of modern life, more and more people are turning towards fast food for their main meals. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, people / many families are replacing regular meals with fast food because of their hectic work life. People are inclined more towards easily accessible ready to go food because they want to cope with the speedy lifestyle. It is certain that fast food offers a practical solution for modern life problems; however, negative effects of excessive fast food habits can be dangerous in the long run. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument and provide evidence as to why I believe that the disadvantages of this outweigh the advantages.
On the one hand, fast food is easily available and it saves not only precious time in the fast paced world but also money. These lucrative advantages make people more and more attracted towards it. Today, everybody wants to climb the corporate ladder as early as possible which leads to extremely busy work schedule with little to no time for themselves. People hardly get adequate lunchtime so they want to have a cost effective quick bite. Fast food becomes life saver in such circumstances. Gender equality in all public sectors has made it possible for women to work side by side with men. This does not allow them to have enough cooking time at home so they rely on fast food for most of the time.
On the other hand, fast food is not as healthy as it is always portrayed. This ready to cook food packets contain huge amount of artificial preservatives and chemicals to keep it viable. The oil used to prepare fast food is often reheated again and again making it harmful for consumers. Excessive fast food consumption coupled with lack of exercise due to busy schedule puts today’s youngsters at the very high risk of obesity and many health disorders. For example, a study in the USA has shown that 80% of people with daily fast food habits suffer from hypertension and heart related diseases.
In conclusion, though fast food provides a convenient alternative to regular meals in today’s world, long term consumption of this can lead to various health problems. For these reasons, I concur with the opinion that disadvantages of this outweigh the advantages to a great extent.
- Cooking At Home Is A Waste Of Time Because There Are So Many Convenient Fast Food Options That Make Life Less Stressful | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Rather Than Homemade Food | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Fast Food Is Part Of Life In Many Places | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Fast Food Is Replacing Regular Meals
- Most People Prefer To Eat Ready To Eat Food Than Home-Made Food | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Nowadays People Prefer Readymade Food Instead Of Home Cooked Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It seems clear that obesity in today’s society is to some extent due to the availability of fast food | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 Essay About Increasing Tax On Fast Foods