Why Is English An Important International Language | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
People every year move to English-speaking countries such as Australia, Britain or America, for studying in a school, college or university. Why is English such an important international language?
Here is a band 7 essay on this submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In today’s world English has become a global language. There is a huge increase in the numbers of people moving to English speaking nations every year to learn the language from the natives. People want to study English for the various advantages associated with it.
The most important reason for learning English these days is that English has become the international language of communication in every single part of the world. Although there are only a few countries where English is the first language, it is the most widely spoken language in the world today.
Every country releases their official documents in their local language as well as in English to make sure that their message is communicated. Not only within the country but also for tourists English is a common language which is used by tourist guides to help the visitors from different countries. For instance, there are some South East Asian countries like Taiwan, Hong-Kong and China where visitors from other parts of the world find it hard to survive as local language is not easy to understand. However, the local government of these countries offers free English translating machines to promote tourism in the country.
Another reason for people to travel to English speaking countries for learning English is that learning from native speakers will enable them to acquire the level of proficiency required to clear international English tests. Subsequently, a good level of English helps people to acquire a resident status in the first world countries. For example, last year 30 million people appeared for English exams like TOEFL and IELTS. Learning English not only provides access to information but also throws open a world of opportunities.
In conclusion, in the twenty first century people are moving from one part of the world to the other in search of better prospects and lifestyle. English is playing a significant role in this process worldwide.
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Why Is English Such An Important Language?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | The Best Way to Learn English Is to Live in an English Speaking Country
- Band 9 essay sample: Is learning another foreign language before English a waste of time?
- IELTS Essay Sample | Why Students Want to Study in English-Speaking Countries?
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of English as a global language
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Useless To Learn Another Foreign Language Before English
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Moving to English Speaking Countries
- IELTS essay sample | Should English be taught at schools?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Everyone Learn English?