When New Towns Are Planned, It Is Important To Build More Public Parks | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
When new towns are planned, it is important to build more public parks or sports facilities than shopping centers. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
It is argued that public gardens and gyms should be given more importance than shopping complexes while designing new cities. I understand the concerns of the people who hold this opinion; however, I believe that shopping malls are just as important as parks or sports centres in a town.
There are numerous reasons why sports facilities are crucial to city dwellers. First of all, they provide suitable space and equipments for people to exercise. For example, people can go jogging in the park and play tennis and basketball in the sports stadium. This not only keeps their body fit but also elevates their mood. Also, parks and sports centers are good spots for people to socialise. People can connect with each other while playing sports or walking in the park.
Although parks and gyms provide the town inhabitants with all kinds of benefit, I think shopping complexes are equally essential. Firstly, a shopping center could make shopping more convenient for local residents. It would enable them to easily purchase things in town and transport them home with less effort at lower cost. They will not need to spend extra on transportation or shipping of the goods. Secondly, a shopping mall can provide employment. Locals can find work in retails or security of the mall and earn to support their families.
To conclude, even though parks and sports centers serve as places for exercise and social activities for city dwellers, I believe that shopping centers are equally important, since they provide job opportunities and convenience to town residents.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It is important to have huge public spaces like parks and squares in towns and cities.
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- Parks In Cities Should Be Used For Residential And Business Purposes | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Public Parks Could Be Used For Building Residential Areas | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Sites Proposed For Building Shopping Mall | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 6.5 Essay Sample About Public Health And Increase In Sporting Facilities
- Many Young People Nowadays Regard Shopping As A Hobby | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay | Young people spend their time in shopping malls
- Some People Think That Exercise Is The Key To Health While Others Feel That Having A Balanced Diet Is More Important | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor