When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Medical professionals such as doctors and nurses from poorer countries often migrate to richer countries to work. What problems arise from this situation? What measures can be taken to deal with it? Give reasons for your answer and include and relevant examples.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is observed that medical professionals migrate to foreign countries for financial reasons. Nowadays, many nurses and doctors leave their home country and settle abroad for work. This situation causes many problems. This essay will discuss what these problems are and possible measures that the government can take to stop them,
Multiple issues arise when these professionals move to a foreign country. First and foremost, the home country loses qualified people. In India, most of the doctors and nurses recently left their home town for better prospects and as such there is a shortage of experienced doctors in many states. Secondly, as these professionals leave their home country there is no one to teach and train the aspiring medical students. Expertise can only be gained with proper training under well qualified and experienced professionals. Thus, lack of experienced people in the medical field may pose a threat to the society as a whole. Though these problems cannot be solved easily, we can definitely offer some solutions.
The most important solution is to offer lucrative benefits in order to stop migration. In addition to this, the government should enforce laws that require these professionals to serve their country for at least 5 years before they migrate. However, this measure may not completely resolve the issue. In addition to enacting laws that check migration, the government should offer qualified doctors and nurses certain tax benefits or loans at subsidised interest rate so that they can open a clinic or a hospital. In other words, by offering financial assistance and enforcing laws that make service in the country mandatory, the government can deal with this issue to a great extent.
To conclude, the migration of doctors and nurses to foreign countries leads to an acute shortage of qualified medical professionals in their home country. The government can arrest this migration by offering better opportunities within the country and also by enforcing laws that make it mandatory for doctors and nurses to serve in the country for at least a few years before moving abroad.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | When Professionals Migrate To Foreign Countries What Problems They Create In Their Own Country?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Talented Professionals Are Migrating To Developed Nations
- To solve traffic and transportation problems, people should be encouraged to live in cities | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Problems Caused By Overcrowding In Cities
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The prevention of health problems and illness is more important than treatment and medicine | Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
- Some people believe that the problem of illegal drugs can be solved by just legalising all drugs | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities