What Do You Think Is The Most Important Invention Of The Past 100 Years | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
In the past 100 years, there were many inventions such as antibiotics, airplanes and computer. What do you think is the most important invention of the past 100 years? Why?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
A lot of innovative, useful and lifesaving inventions made their debut during the last 100 years. Antibiotics, for example, saved countless lives from deadly diseases; airplanes reduced travel time and made the world one small village. All of these are important inventions; even so, in my opinion, no other invention has had a greater impact on humanity than the invention of the computer.
Computers changed the way people live, work and relax. Today, it is impossible to even imagine a life without computers. Gone are the days when people did the accounts or typed documents manually. Now everything is done by the computers. The biggest advantage of using the computer is that it has got a memory large enough to store every bit of data known to humans. Computers do not make mistakes; nor do they get tired. Needless to say, computers have become a necessity in all fields. Another advantage of this little machine is that it has made other inventions even better. For example, computers are used in aviation and they have made air travelling safer. Likewise, computers are used in the medical field as well and they make the diagnosis of many diseases easier. In this way, they play the same role as antibiotics in saving lives.
Computers have also changed the way we spend our leisure time. Instead of reading a newspaper or watching a movie on their television, people now play games on their computer or chat with their friends on social networking sites. Unlike a newspaper or a television a computer can deliver the exact same content that the viewer needs.
In conclusion, all inventions are important and beneficial; even so, in my opinion, the computer is the most important invention because it is useful in its own right; it has also enhanced the functioning of other inventions like aeroplanes or medical equipments.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | What Is The Greatest Invention Of The Last 100 Years?
- In the last 20 years there have been significant developments in the field of information technology | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Crime Rate Nowadays Is Decreasing Compared To The Past Due To Advances In Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Salary Is The Most Important Consideration When Choosing A Job | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Scientists Have Been Warning For Many Years About The Importance Of Protecting The Environment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Recent Years Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Malls | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS writing: why it is important to use different sentence patterns
- Big Salary Is More Important Than Job Satisfaction | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: Kids today are not as fit as they were in the past
- IELTS essay sample: Computer technology has more of a negative impact than a positive impact on the society. Do you agree?