What are the advantages for a family when the mother works? | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
New household appliances have resulted in more free time for women and have enabled them to both work and run a home with dependent children. What are the advantages for a family when the mother works? Do you think the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Send me your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to the advent of advanced household appliances, many women can now take care of their family and work. This certainly benefits the family because the additional income improves the economic status of the household. However, in my opinion, working women have to struggle a lot and make many sacrifices. While I don’t think that the disadvantages of working outweigh the advantages, in my opinion, it is important for working women to have a helping hand at home.
When women work, the family is the biggest winner. The additional income will improve their living standards. Needless to say, families where both parents work can afford to buy a home and a car. They can also send their children to good schools and ensure that they have a bright future. Obviously, there are many benefits when women work.
On the flip side, women who work have to struggle hard to perform all of the tasks assigned to them. Unlike men who only have to earn a living, a working woman has to take care of family responsibilities as well. For example, she has to cook, clean and wash. She has to feed the children and help them with the homework. She also has to take care of her husband. While it is true that washing machines and refrigerators have made household jobs easier, they still take a lot of time to be done. Consequently a woman who works has little time for herself. Her day starts early and she can’t get any rest until everyone else in the family has gone to bed. Unfortunately, the additional burden takes a toll on her health and happiness.
To conclude, there is no doubt that the economic status of a family improves when women work. However, juggling a home and career is not easy for a woman and the additional responsibility affects her health and happiness. It is, therefore, imperative that she receives the utmost support of her spouse in handling household responsibilities.
- IELTS essay sample | The structure of families and roles of family members are changing
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 8 essay sample: Stay-at-home dads
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- IELTS Writing: Model Essay 1
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home