We Can Now Watch Movies On Phones So There Is No Need To Go To The Cinema | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that now we can see films on our phones or tablets there is no need to go to the cinema. Others say that to be fully enjoyed, films need to be seen in a cinema. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
We live in a fast paced world and movies are the biggest source of entertainment for us. Whether we should watch it on electronic gadgets or in a cinema is an oft-heard question. In my opinion, movies should be watched on the silver screen. Both sides of the argument will be discussed in this essay.
There are certainly a few benefits to watching movies on electronic gadgets. For example, a working professional who travels to office on public transport like bus can watch films on his way to work. Another advantage of watching movies on a tablet is that they can save money. Going to theatres to watch movies can be quite expensive. Movie tickets are not cheap. Also we need to factor in the cost of traveling and refreshments like popcorn and drinks.
Even so, in my opinion, there are many more benefits to watching a movie in a cinema. Movie halls provide a completely different experience. The surround system and large screen gives total entertainment. Also, watching movies in theatres is a great way to say no to privacy. Pirated movies can be watched on gadgets and this in return causes losses to production houses which produce the film. There are also some health benefits to watching movies in a cinema. Watching them on small screens for long hours can cause eyestrain, blurred vision and pain in the neck and shoulders.
To conclude, watching movies on gadgets saves time and money, but in the long run it is harmful for health. Also, it hurts film producers. On the other hand, watching movies in theatre is complete enjoyment.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS speaking part 2 and 3: Talk about a movie you watched in a cinema
- IELTS Speaking Test Part 3: General Questions About Movies
- IELTS speaking task 2: Describe a movie you liked
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- IELTS Speaking sample test with answers 2
- Some people believe that the era of silver screen is coming to an end | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Essay: Why do people watch foreign films first, before local films?
- IELTS Band 7 Sample Essay: Should Governments Help the Local Film Industry
- Nowadays people have free access to online movies and music | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films