US Labour Force Employment | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The graph below presents the employment patterns in the USA between 1930 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and report in the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. You should write at least 150 words.
Here is a model report on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The given line diagram shows the proportion of people employed by various sectors in the US during the period between 1930 and 2010. Overall, it can be seen that until 1980, farming, fishing and foresting sector employed considerably more people than other sectors. While in 1930, as much as 75% of the people were employed by the farming, fishing and foresting sector, the employment share of this sector gradually declined over the years and by 1980, it had become just 40%. The percentage of people employed by other sectors either remained the same or gradually increased throughout the given period. While in 1930, the industrial sector employed hardly anyone, in 2010, it had the highest share of employment at about 35%. The percentage of people employed by the technical sector also increased gradually over the years and in 2010, it was the second largest employer after the industrial sector. While the proportion of people employed by other services increased from 1930 to 1940, it declined slightly over the next 10 years and then remained the steady during the following decades. As for the sales and office sector, it employed 10% of the people in 1930 and by 2010, its share had increased to 20%. Interestingly, in 2010, farming, fishing and foresting sector employed less than 5% of the people.
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report About Employment Rates In Three Countries
- How Elderly People Spend Their Time | Task 1 IELTS Report Sample
- Number Of Prisoners In Five Countries | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Australian Men And Women Who Did Regular Physical Activity | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Information About Energy Consumption In The US | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Band 7 IELTS Academic Report Sample
- Stokeford In 1930 And 2010 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- The Percentage Of Australian Men And Women Who Did Regular Physical Activity | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Percentage Of Households In Owned And Rented Accommodation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- The Bar Chart Shows How Frequently People Ate In Fast Food Restaurants | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample