Tourism Is Causing Environmental Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Tourism is causing environmental problems all around the world. What are the main causes of this? What are some solutions.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Tourism has gained more popularity over the past few years since it has become more accessible and affordable. The influx of tourists, unfortunately, leads to littering, pollution and ecological damage in tourist places. However, the problems can be mitigated to a great extent by disposing of wastes properly and encouraging the use of public transport.
On the one hand, several alluring tourist spots have been ruined by the increased visit of tourists. Some irresponsible visitors leave trash in public spaces such as parks, beaches or mountains. For example, numerous beaches in Goa, India which were known for their breathtaking view has lost their charm because of littering. It is also reported that some sorts of wastes disrupt the life of marine animals and birds. Many whales have been found dead on several islands because of the consumption of plastic. Another major downside is that most tourist spots are in the mountains or on rivers. Excessive construction of roads and resorts for the visitors is the number one cause of environmental damage in these places.
On the other hand, these problems can be alleviated by adopting suitable measures. The government should make stringent laws to control the illegal dumping of waste. Imposing fines on litterers and educating them is a potential solution. Authorities should install / put up enough trash bins for the disposal of used bottles and polythene covers. Moreover, leveraging existing infrastructure can help. The government should ban the construction of new resorts and hotels and instead promote homestays. It is also important to limit the number of people who can visit tourist places in highly sensitive ecological areas.
In conclusion, tourism is hazardous to the environment, causing air and water contamination. However, through careful means like educating the tourists, penalizing littering and banning unnecessary infrastructure development in ecologically sensitive areas, this distressing situation can be restrained.
- A Lot Of Places In The World Rely On Tourism As A Main Source Of Income | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourism Has Brought Enormous Benefits To Many Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- A Lot Of Places In The World Rely On Tourism As A Main Source Of Income | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Developments in technology are causing environmental problems | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Own Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- International Tourism Creates Tension Rather Than Understanding | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Tourism Is Becoming Increasingly Important As A Source Of Revenue To Many Countries, But Its Disadvantages Should Not Be Overlooked | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Tourism Should Be Banned In Some Areas To Protect Culture
- Many People Believe That International Tourism Is A Bad Thing For Their Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample