Today The High Sale Of Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real need of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, people are living in a world flooded / bombarded with various advertisements. Some believe that this kind of propaganda affects customers’ decision and provides an excuse to buy massive amounts of unnecessary goods. As far as I am concerned, I partly agree with this view.
On the one hand, there are plenty of advertisements that proclaim / highlight their product’s advantages only to hook consumers. These ads mislead clients and encourage / compel them to spend a large sum of money on buying these things. Furthermore, many industries, especially some cosmetics companies make false claims in their adverts with the objective of luring customers into buying their products. The propaganda such as “20 lipsticks that a girl must have” has already brainwashed many young and impulsive females to pursue the stuff that they cannot afford or they do not really need.
On the other hand, this high sales phenomenon is not only caused by advertising but also influenced by the development of economy. The evolution of globalization and advanced technology plays an essential role in increasing the purchases as well. Also, thanks to the growing competition in the market, companies are reducing their prices and as a result even high value products have become affordable to consumers. It is not hard for many middle class people to possess the luxury goods, and this increases the volume of sales in many industries.
In conclusion, the advertisement does have a deep impact on the purchase decision. However, we could not consider it as the only reason stimulating the sales.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the positive and negative aspects of advertising
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Ads encourage people to buy things they don’t want
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Successful Companies Use Advertising To Make More Sales | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample