Today More And More People Choose To Live By Themselves | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Today, more and more people choose to live by themselves. What are the causes of this? Is this a positive or negative development?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
More and more people are living alone these days. There are several reasons behind this trend and the most important among them are the need for freedom and the financial security that many people enjoy these days. In my opinion, living alone has both advantages and disadvantages.
They are various reasons why many people prefer to live by themselves. To start with, they seek freedom and absolute control over their lives. They do not like it when their parents or siblings try to encroach on their personal space so they choose to live alone. Generation gap is another factor that contributes to this phenomenon. Oftentimes youngsters and their parents have widely different opinions on many things and this leads to conflicts. Living alone allows people to live as they wish. Another reason for this trend is the rapid economic development. Many people now earn more than enough to live on their own. Since they do not need the financial assistance of a parent or spouse, they choose to live by themselves. The advent of modern technologies like the internet and smart phone has also contributed to this trend. People are now ready to migrate to faraway lands because they are aware that they can stay connected to their near and dear ones from any part of the globe.
On the one hand, this development can be advantageous for young people. When they live alone, they have to learn to cook, wash and manage their finances independently. If they live with their parents, they receive help all the time and this may prevent them from acquiring important life skills and becoming independent.
On the other hand, living alone does not benefit the nurturing of family bonds. While it is true that we can now get in touch with our family from any part of the world, online interactions lack the warmth of real face to face interactions. Also, when youngsters choose to live on their own, their aging parents are left alone. Last but not least, too much freedom can be detrimental and it is quite possible for young people living alone to get into bad company. Thus, it is evident that this trend has a negative impact on family relationships in the long term.
In conclusion, although living alone has become a popular trend and has its inherent advantages, people still need to pay attention to its disadvantages in order to sustain family bonds.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some people like to live alone in some countries. What are the reasons? | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- Some People Think Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Girls Choose Arts And Boys Choose Science At University