Today It Is Common To Have People From Two Different Generations Mix In The Same Workplace | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
Today, it is very common to have people from two different generations mix in the same workplace. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this situation? Give your own opinion and include relevant examples.
Here is a band 7 IELTS Essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
It is true that multigenerational workplaces have become the norm in recent years. Despite their apparent disadvantages stemming from generational gaps, I believe that the advantages of this trend outweigh its drawbacks.
On the one hand, there are many reasons why it is difficult to work in a multigenerational company. One primary reason is that since people from different age groups typically have different mindsets, it may be challenging to collaborate with a colleague who is at another stage of life. This issue might cause some conflicts within a team decision-making process. For example, young professionals tend to act quickly to seize the opportunities instead of deliberately think about the situation as senior employees do. Another reason is that experienced peers could discriminate trainees who are inexperienced. This results in unhealthy behaviors within the company, and it hinders the productivity of their team.
Nevertheless, honoring diversity in workplaces brings several gains for companies. Firstly, a diverse working group can observe a situation at multiple perspectives, which leads to meaningful discussions and solutions. In contrast, if all team members are at the same age, they might not realize the critical opinions of other age groups. Secondly, by maintaining employees of different ages, such companies can ensure a healthy talent and management pipeline at all levels and positions. Senior employees may mentor younger ones in order to develop their leadership skills, and managers are able to identify future leaders from such internal potential candidates. Finally, the companies will bring the best out of their people when they maintain harmony between professionals of all age groups within their workforce.
In conclusion, people should embrace the multi generations mix in today’s workplace because its benefits shadow the drawbacks mentioned above.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- IELTS Common mistakes
- Some People Think That Recruiting Companies Should Hire People Who Can Work Independently | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That Young People Bring More Profits To A Company | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad As Part Of Their Studies | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Scientists Have Been Warning For Many Years About The Importance Of Protecting The Environment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is A Common Practice For Some Students To Take A Gap Year Between High School And University In Order To Do Charitable Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Most common writing mistakes in English | Adverbs used instead of adjectives
- Some People Say Schools Should Be Responsible To Teach Young Adults To Look After Their Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working from home? | Band 7 IELTS essay sample