To Solve The Ever-Increasing Environmental Hazards The Best Way Is To Increase The Price Of Fuel | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
To solve the ever-increasing environmental hazards throughout the world, the best way is to increase the price of fuel. What is your opinion on the above assumption?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Since the last decade, environmental hazards have been a highly debated topic across the world. Many people believe that raising the cost of fuel is the best solution to decrease threats posed to our surroundings. I am of the opinion that this approach is effective but not the best one. During the course of the essay, I shall support my stand with valid arguments.
Elevating the price of fuel would undoubtedly decrease its consumption and thus reduce the hazards caused by it. However, vehicular pollution is not the only threat to our environment today.
Many factors affect our environment. Excessive use of personal vehicles is just one of them. Air pollution is also caused by the burning of household and industrial waste. In Delhi, for example, the main cause of air pollution is the burning of crop residues by farmers in Punjab and Haryana. Thus, it is evident that raising the price of fuel is not the right solution to dealing with all sorts of environmental problems.
Moreover, the rise in fuel prices can have a negative impact on everyone’s daily routine if alternatives are not provided. In the past, whenever the authorities increased the cost of fuel, there have been numerous instances of strikes and violence throughout the world. If the prices are to be raised, the citizens should be provided with free or cheap public transport. Additionally, the government can decrease the tax on electric vehicles.
To conclude, escalating the price of fuel could help decrease environmental hazards, but can also lead to other problems. Governments and environmentalists have to consider implementing multiple solutions together. Additionally, to cope with the downsides of such measures, appropriate alternatives have to be provided to the citizens.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That The Best Way To Solve Environmental Problems Is To Increase The Price Of Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Should fuel prices be increased to reduce pollution?
- Some People Say That The Government Should Increase The Tax On Petrol | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Obesity can be tackled by increasing the price of junk food items
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- Developments in technology are causing environmental problems | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Demand For Oil And Gas Is Increasing
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample