The Pie Charts Show Online Sales For Retail Sectors In New Zealand | Band 8 IELTS Report Sample

The pie charts below show the online sales for retail sectors in New Zealand in 2003 and 2013.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Online sales - retail sectors in New Zealand in 2003 & 2013

Here is a band 8 IELTS report on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.

Band 8 IELTS report sample

The pie charts show the percentage of online sales for various retail sectors in New Zealand in 2003 and 2013. Overall, it can be seen that the two years show different trends. While in 2003, travel and clothes were the most frequently bought items online, in 2013, the online sales of both these items dropped. At the same time, the sales of film/music and books increased.

In 2003, travel accounted for 36% of the total online sales and clothes accounted for 24%. Together, these two sectors accounted for 60% of the total online sales. Of the remaining 40%, film/music and books made up 21% and 19% respectively. In 2013, film/music were the best selling items online. They accounted for 33% of the total online sales. Travel now occupied the second slot at 29% followed by books at 22%. Interestingly, the online sales of clothes dropped from 24% in 2003 to 16% in 2013.

Do you have a report on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.

IELTS report samples

Manjusha Nambiar

Hi, I'm Manjusha. This is my blog where I give IELTS preparation tips.