The Only Place Available For Building New Homes Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is in the countryside. Some people believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not build new homes there. What is your opinion?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Owing to the growing requirements to build new homes, it is thought by many people that the best place to build these houses is the countryside as there is plenty of the space available there. Others, however, opine that the protection of these areas is more important. In my opinion, homes should not be built in these areas due to the reasons which are going to be discussed in this essay.
Rural areas have an abundance of plants and trees. They release fresh oxygen into the atmosphere which helps in reducing the greenhouse gases. Because of the increased volume of these gases in the air, global warming has risen over the past few decades. It has had a profound impact on our planet such as the melting of polar ice.
As a result of the rapid increase in the sea levels, many places have become submerged. If homes are constructed in the countryside, trees will need to be cut down. Thus, global warming will further rise due to lack of oxygen and it will pose a threat to our planet earth.
It is also true that rural areas are the natural habitat of many wildlife creatures. These creatures form a critical part of the food chain. Lizards, for instance, feed on mosquitoes and insects. Construction activities lead to the / result in the extinction of many wildlife species. Similarly, if lizards become extinct, the balance of the ecological system will be disturbed and there will be a sudden increase in the number of insects and they will cause harm to crops produced by the farmers. Thus, it is critical to save these regions from these activities.
In conclusion, countryside has a crucial role as it acts as a home to flora and fauna. These places should not be used to build homes as this activity will pose a threat to the environment and human life could come to an end within a few years.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- In Many Places, New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available For Building Them Is In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Believe That The Countryside Should Not Be Used For Building New Homes
- Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Countryside Should Be Used For Building Homes
- New Homes Are Needed But The Only Space Available Is In The Countryside | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That New Homes Should Be Built In The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Places New Homes Are Needed | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Young People Are Leaving The Countryside | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Cutting Down Forests Is A Real Environmental Threat | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Are Leaving The Countryside To Live In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer