The Number Of Older People Is Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The number of older people is increasing. Some people think it will cause problem to their countries, others believe this group is important to the society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that many countries might have problems with increasing number of elderly people, while others opine that elders have a major role in the society. This essay would argue that even though increasing number of older people causes strain on the pension and health care system, they have a very important role in guiding the society.
Many would argue that increasing number of elderly people can affect the pension and health care system in a negative way, as they are not working; government needs to support them for their daily needs and health. This causes the state to spend large amounts of money on elderly people. A survey conducted by Victoria University in 2018 found that the longevity of elder people in Australia has increased and they constitute about 30% of the population. This would cost a lot to the state.
On the other hand, this essay argues that despite the strain the elderly population puts on the government, elders have a major role in shaping the society. Elder people have ample experience and can guide youngsters during crucial situations / a crucial situation. In professions like teaching and medicine an experienced hand can always give better suggestions than a youngster with few years of experience. So older people can contribute to the society and help in shaping it. For instance, during the time of emergency surgery, doctors always consult with seniors who have better experience and who can suggest the best surgical plan. Hence, even though elders are unemployed they can act as a guide or an expert to resolve problems and shape the society.
To conclude, it is argued that longevity of elder people cause issues to the state, but I believe that the elderly are an important part of the society especially during crucial times for guiding youngsters with their experience.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Number Of Older People Is Increasing
- Doctors Recommend That Older People Should Get Regular Exercise | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Organizations And Companies Say Older People Are Better As Leaders | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Some Countries An Increasing Number Of People Are Suffering From Health Problems As A Result Of Eating Too Much Fast Food | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?
- Band 9 essay sample about traditional values of older people
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: A lot of older people suffer from loneliness these days
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.