The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seem To Be Increasing | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
The number of advertisements for charities on television and the internet seems to be increasing.
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing?
Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organisation ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
Advertisements are an effective tool for creating public awareness about various social and other causes. Recently, we can see an increase in the number of ads promoting philanthropic institutions on television and the internet. This is mainly because such campaigns are a huge success as they enable people to easily and directly donate to them through various online payment applications. In my opinion, this is a favourable development that benefits all.
To begin with, more and more charitable organisations are showing their ads on visual and digital platforms like TV and social media. On the internet, for example, these ads can directly target people who may have helped similar charities in the past. This improves the chances of them interacting with these ads and donating. Also, donating money to a cause advertised on the internet is a hassle-free procedure and requires only a few clicks on the screen. Another advantage of donating money via such platforms is that the donor can verify the whereabouts of the beneficiary. For example, the crowdfunding platform Ketto enables people to raise funds for any cause. Verifying the credibility of such fundraising campaigns is pretty easy and hence a lot of people willingly donate. Later on, it is even possible to check how the donation helped the beneficiary. This transparency and the satisfaction that comes from helping people who need it desperately are the main reasons that make such campaigns successful.
In my opinion, this is a positive development because it enables the poor and the destitute to receive help when they need it the most. Such campaigns directly connect people needing help with those willing to donate eliminating the presence of a middleman. For example, the other day, I came across a campaign for helping the stray dogs on my Instagram feed. Since I have always loved animals, I donated some money without any hesitation. Without these campaigns, it would be very difficult for me to search for and find such organizations working for the welfare of stray animals. Another advantage of these commercials is that they are helping authentic charities raise money and do phenomenal work for the upliftment of the society. Without such campaigns they may not be able to sustain themselves for long.
In conclusion, advertisements for charities have increased because more people are willing to donate for worthy causes. In my opinion, this is a positive development because such campaigns make those organizations visible to a large audience and help them get more work done for the society.
- The Number Of Advertisements For Charities On Television And The Internet Seems To Be Increasing | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS Sample Essay: Some people think that it is our moral duty to help the poor.
- Richness Is An Important Factor In Helping People | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, The Internet And Television Have Given Ordinary People A Chance To Become Famous | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Some People Believe Charity Organizations Should Only Offer Help To People Of Their Own Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Compare the advantages and disadvantages of different mediums for car advertisements
- IELTS Essay: Some people believe that advertisements targeting children have negative effect on them
- Buying Things On The Internet Is Becoming More And More Popular | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: Advertisements targeting young children should be banned