The Maintenance Of Public Libraries Is A Waste Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
The maintenance of public libraries is a waste of money because of computer technologies that have the same function. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Many people believe that free community libraries are not in much use in the modern era of computers. Hence according to them maintenance of these libraries is a waste of resources. I completely disagree with this view as public libraries help people who cannot afford money for the internet. Additionally, it is difficult to verify whether online information is real or fake.
On the one hand, several lines of evidence suggest that public libraries help many people to gain knowledge and information. To begin with, there are many students who are not able to spend money for personal computers and hence use libraries to get knowledge and information. Furthermore, community libraries are the cheapest source of information for everyone. Also in rural areas where internet access is still limited, public libraries are the source of information for students.
On the other hand, the internet is not a reliable source of information. Firstly, there is too much information available on the internet which makes it difficult for students to differentiate between fake and real information. Also, just about anyone can post anything on the internet. There is no one to verify the veracity of content posted by online users. Consequently, chances of coming across false or harmful information on the internet are pretty high.
To conclude, although the internet has made the information readily available, books are still the most trusted source of information as they are written by well known academicians and researchers. Hence, the government should continue to spend money on the maintenance of public libraries as these are important sources of knowledge.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Essay: Public libraries are no longer required because of the internet
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Public libraries are no longer required
- Band 8 essay sample | Libraries are no longer required
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Libraries are no longer needed
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts And This Money Could Be Better Spent Elsewhere | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Books Are Becoming Less Important As A Source Of Information
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance