The Internet Has Transformed The Way Information Is Shared And Consumed | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
The internet has transformed the way information is shared and consumed but it has also created problems that did not exist before. What are the most serious problems associated with internet and what solutions can you suggest??
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The invention of the computer and the internet is one of the biggest achievements of technology. While it has become a part of our day to day life by enabling us to share, store and analyze the information, it has also created some issues. This essay will discuss problems associated with the internet and provide solutions for the same.
The major drawbacks of the internet are huge increase in the number of cyber crimes and loading of false information on it. Lack of adequate knowledge about how to secure online information can be very dangerous sometimes. This can be explained by online money laundering scams managed by professional hackers who are extremely good at keeping no trace of crime performed. Punjab National Bank scam is a very good example of internet fraud. Similarly, people reading false information over the internet are easily misled into believing something which is not rational and this / it can affect an individual very badly. For example, one of my friends read about a diet and exercise program online and started following it. Soon after that she started having issues of hypertension and severe backache. So it is extremely necessary to control the information present on the internet.
Improvement of cyber security along with basic awareness programs to prevent cyber crimes needs to be a part of government initiative. For example, face recognition or retinal scan for digital transactions and no sharing of security pin with anybody can prevent these attacks to a certain extent. People should be made aware of the dangers of sharing their personal information and account details with others. Thorough scrutinisation under strict laws should be done for all the information on the internet. Information without proof or evidence needs to be removed and banned from digital database under cyber law enforcement.
The internet is a miracle baby of technology. Though it has tremendous advantages, one cannot ignore serious problems associated with it. There are some solutions mentioned above which can control these problems.
- Scientific And Technological Information Should Be Shared Freely | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Internet Has Created Problems That Did Not Exist Before | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- While the internet brings with it clear advantages, the problem outweigh the advantages | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Internet Has Greatly Increased Our Access To Information | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Is internet good or bad?
- The Internet Provides Us With Information About Life And Culture Of Different Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Use And Abuse Of The Internet
- Besides A Lot Of Advantages, Some People Believe That The Internet Creates Many Problems | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet