The Internet Has Made The World Smaller By Bringing People Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people say that the Internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do you agree that the internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
It is argued that the internet has facilitated better connectivity and improved communication among users resulting in a more connected and accessible world. As far as I am concerned, this I true. In this essay I will support the above argument and mention the impact of the internet on communication and connectivity among people.
The internet has made it easy to connect to a person in any part of the world anytime. Earlier it was a tedious and time consuming process. In the present era, there are a number of ways such as the email, web-chat and VOIP calls to stay in touch with our near and dear ones or colleagues. Modern internet based computer and mobile applications have made it easier to establish a connection or send a message at any time we want. Ease of accessing technology has also increased the number of internet users dramatically. For instance, earlier people used to make international calls by using traditional landlines but now recent surveys show that over 85% of cross-border calls are made using the internet.
Another aspect behind the success of the internet is its exponentially falling service charges. Earlier the cost of Telegram or ISD calls was too high for ordinary people to afford. By contrast, advancement in telecommunication equipment and increased competition among internet service providers have pushed the internet service cost considerably down. This has been proven a boon for internet users. The internet is now almost free in comparison to its service charges used to be in early 20s. For example, in 1995 the connection charge for a one minute call between New Delhi and London was approximately 100 rupees while it has become free now through internet calling.
To conclude, the internet is a huge success because of the plethora of benefits offered by it. It allowed people to connect in a very easy and economical way and changed this planet into a highly connected small village.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- Nowadays People Are Affected By The Internet And Social Media | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS sample essay: should internet be regulated?
- IELTS essay sample | Should the governments spend a lot of money on developing internet infrastructure?
- IELTS sample essay: Should governments provide free internet?
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Band 9 essay sample | The internet is not a reliable source of information
- People No Longer Use The Television And The Newspapers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Regular Books