The Growth Of Online Shopping Will One Day Lead To All Shops In Towns And Cities Closing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The growth of online shopping will one day lead to all shops in towns and cities closing. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer with relevant examples.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There is no doubt that online shopping has become very popular over the last few years. Many people believe that because of the advancement of online shopping, small business and shops in metros will shut down. I completely agree with this view.
To begin with, there is a rampant increase in internet usage in recent times. Moreover, every individual has cell phones in their hand, which enable them to access the shopping websites 24*7. To cite an example, Amazon, the biggest online seller has reported a 200% increase in online shopping as the internet grows in all parts of the towns. They are forecasted to grow even faster with every passing year. Thus, the growth of the internet plays a vital role in the increasing popularity of online shopping and may result in the closing down of small shops.
In addition, online stores sell products at much lower prices than retail shops. Because online retailers buy products directly from the manufacturers, they get low buying price. Whereas products in retail shops have to go through multiple hands and involves commission every time they change hands. To illustrate, all the electronics products such as laptops and mobile phones are much cheaper on the internet than in the shops. Therefore, more and more people get attracted to online shopping due to the better price.
To conclude, increased access to the internet and better prices online have encouraged more and more people to buy from online stores. Before long, this will lead to the closure of corner stores.
- The Growth Of Online Shopping Will Lead To The Closure Of Shops In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- Nowadays, Online Shopping Is Replacing Physical Shopping In Stores | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That The Age Of Shopping Malls Is Coming To An End | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many Local Shops Are Closing Are They Are Unable To Compete With Large Supermarkets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Local Shops Have Closed Because Of Large Shopping Malls | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- An Increasing Number Of People Are Buying What They Need Online | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample