The Growth Of Online Shopping Will Lead To The Closure Of Shops In Cities And Towns | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
The growth of online shopping will one day lead to all shops in towns and cities closing. Do you agree or disagree?
Here is an edited version of an essay submitted by one of our students. If you need help with IELTS writing, get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
It is an irrefutable fact that shopping online has become increasingly popular these days. In this regard, there is a possibility that online shopping would lead to the closure of brick and mortar stores in cities and towns in the future. This essay will discuss the possibility of this happening.
To begin with, the vital reason for the closure of physical stores in future is that consumers are quite satisfied with the unique shopping experience provided by online sites. This is because they have wide varieties of shopping options to choose from coupled with fast and reliable delivery channels which makes most of the customers prefer e-commerce sites over traditional stores. For instance, recently, in Bengaluru many renowned stores had to shut down because of the change in shopping preferences of customers. Consequently, given the fact that e-commerce companies have entered into almost every sector, there is a high possibility that retail stores will eventually perish.
Another compelling reason that the e-commerce giants will succeed over retail shops is that they have larger capital base and lower overhead cost. These companies have enormous net worth to afford substantial marketing cost to penetrate the market despite the competition from the stores. For example, Amazon has launched plethora of drones for initiating faster delivery which would decrease the manpower cost dramatically. As a result, although these companies incur huge capital expenditure, the income generated over a period of time is multifold which makes them market leaders and thus lead to the elimination of the traditional stores.
In conclusion, it can be anticipated that e-commerce companies will acquire the entire market share in the future because they provide exceptional client service and are efficiently able to reduce the overhead expenditure.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 6.5 essay samples: Online shopping has become more popular than in-store shopping
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- The Recent Popularity Of Online Shopping Will Result In The End Of High Street Shops | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Topic card: Talk about online shopping
- In Recent Years Many Local Shops Have Closed Because Customers Travel To Large Shopping Malls | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Due to the development and rapid expansion of supermarkets, many small local businesses are unable to compete | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | The Internet Is Replacing Printed Books
- Shopping Has Become More And More Popular As a Leisure Activity
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Local Shops Are Closing Down Because Of Supermarkets
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It is important to have huge public spaces like parks and squares in towns and cities.