The Growing Number Of Overweight People Is Putting A Strain On Health Care System | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on health care system in an effort to deal with the health issues involved. Some people think that the best way to deal with this problem is to introduce more physical education lessons in the school curriculum. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people the rise in the number of obese people is a burden on medical facilities because overweight people are more likely to develop health problems. In their opinion, adding more physical education lessons to the school curriculum is the most effective solution to this problem. While I do admit that adding more physical training sessions will help students burn calories and control their weight, this measure is not a complete solution.
There are mainly two reasons for obesity. One of them is the sedentary lifestyle. The other is the excessive consumption of junk food. Adding more physical education sessions to the school programs will certainly force students to play a sport and burn the excess calories in their body. Children who grow up playing physical sports are more likely to maintain this habit and stay physically active as adults too. Thus, obviously, adding more fitness sessions to the school programs will certainly make students healthier and reduce their chances of gaining weight.
On the other hand, lack of physical activity is not the only cause of obesity. Actually, a bigger cause is the excessive consumption of oily and sugary foods and drinks. Without reducing the intake of junk food, it is not possible to control weight gain in young people. Limiting the intake of calories is always a better solution than burning those excess calories by working out. Hence, in addition to making physical education a mandatory part of the school curriculum, the government should encourage young people to reduce their consumption of fast food. This can be achieved by creating awareness among students. Another solution is to make junk food costlier by increasing tax on it.
In conclusion, adding more sports sessions to school curriculums will certainly reduce weight gain in youngsters and make them healthier. However, it is not a total solution as in order to maintain healthy body weight, people also need to limit their intake of calorie rich junk food. Hence, I do not quite agree with the argument that giving more physical education lessons to students is the best way to prevent obesity.
- The Growing Number Of Overweight Children Is Putting A Strain On The Health Care System | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS essay sample | The growing number of overweight people is putting a strain on the health care system
- An Increasing Number Of Children Are Overweight These Days | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of People Who Are At Risk Of Serious Health Problems Due To Being Overweight Is Increasing | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Educating People About The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food Will Reduce Its Consumption | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Percentage Of Overweight Children In Western Society Has Increased By Almost 20% | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, Children Are Becoming Fatter And Less Fit Day By Day | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about obesity and its causes and solutions
- Many Children In Developing Countries Are Becoming Overweight | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Number Of Obese People Is Increasing. What Are The Causes Of This? | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample