The Government Should Make A Better Network For Public Transport | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Cities are now expanding; should the government make a better network for public transport or should they build more roads to facilitate car ownership? To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
More and more people are migrating to cities in search of better job opportunities and lifestyle. The expansion of cities, unfortunately, causes many problems. Traffic congestion is one of them. Some people argue that building better transport networks is the most effective way to solve this problem. Others insist that the government should build more roads to make way for the growing number of private vehicles. In my opinion, both measures are required to tackle the traffic problems plaguing large cities.
Improving public transport is unarguably the most effective way to make cities more livable. When buses and trains run on time and provide connectivity all over the city, few people will want to drive their own vehicles. This will automatically reduce the number of private vehicles on the road. When there are fewer cars on the road, there will be no traffic jams. Another advantage of having fewer vehicles on the road is that air quality will automatically improve. Respiratory problems caused by air pollution affect almost everyone living in the cities and a reliable public transport system will help everyone breathe easily.
Building more roads and improving existing infrastructure is also important. More roads enhance connectivity and in most cases they also reduce the distance between two parts of the city and thus reduce travelling time. Another advantage of building more roads is that it will reduce road mishaps and save many lives.
In conclusion, improving the frequency and reliability of public transport is definitely one way of resolving traffic issues affecting metropolises. Building more roads is another measure worth considering.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Providing Free Public Transport Is The Best Way To Reduce Traffic Congestion | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Government Should Improve Existing Public Transport Instead Of Investing In Super Fast Trains
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
- The Best Way To Solve The Traffic Congestion In City Is To Provide Free Public Transport For 24 Hours A Day | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Best Way To Solve Traffic Problems Is To Provide Free Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- The best way to reduce traffic congestion in cities is to provide a free public transport service | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- In Order To Solve Traffic Problems And Air Pollution, The Government Should Invest In Public Transport | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution