The Flow Chart Illustrates The Consequences Of Deforestation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The flow chart illustrates the consequence of deforestation. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features.
Here is a sample report on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The given flow diagram depicts how clearing of forests / cutting of trees can affect the environment. Overall, it can be seen that mainly there are four ways through which deforestation can lead to flooding and reduction in biodiversity. Firstly, deforestation can be a cause of frequent flooding as heavy logging machinery which is used to clear the forests compresses the soil. As a result, it becomes hard and ‘baked’ and because of this rain water runs off causing floods. Secondly, clearing of forests also results in decrease in biodiversity since fewer trees means availability of fewer roots to hold the top soil in and thus the top soil erodes. Additionally, the cutting down of forests increases the risk of burning deliberate or accidental and it destroys the waste wood. Micro-organisms are also destroyed. Lastly, plants return less moisture to air; hence, less precipitation occurs leading to increased drought. All the aforementioned reasons eventually cause pioneer species to move in and those species degrades the vegetation resulting in biodiversity loss.
- Forests are the lungs of the earth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- The Bar Chart Shows How Frequently People In The US Ate In Fast Food Restaurants | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- The Bar Chart Shows How Frequently People Ate In Fast Food Restaurants | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- The Influence Of Human Beings On The World’s Eco System Is Leading To The Extinction Of Many Species | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Cutting Down Forests Is A Real Environmental Threat | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Production of Geothermal Energy | Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- More And More Wild Animals Are On The Verge Of Extinction And Others Are On The Endangered List | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Worldwide Land Degradation | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- The Diagram Shows The Relationship Between A Number Of Different Languages | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample