The Diagram Shows The Relationship Between A Number Of Different Languages | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
The diagram shows the relationship between a number of different languages. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a sample report on this topic. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Task 1 Academic IELTS report sample
The diagram depicts various dialects which have been derived from the main English language and show how they are further divided. Overall, English language branches into two broad sub categories namely, American English and British English. These are further divided into several regional dialects. Interestingly, American English has fewer regional forms than British English.
American English is spoken in the USA and Canada. Moreover, American English has six subcategories which are spoken in Philippines, America Samoa, West Coast, Mid West, North-East coast and Puerto-Rico. The form of English spoken in Canada is further divided into Angelophone Canada and Francophone Canada.
Interestingly, British English has three times more branches than American English. The main subcategories, West Indies, Australasia and far east, all three have two more branches. However, other main subcategories like British Isles and Africa are divided into three sub forms of English language. Indian- Pakistan category is the only category among British English which has several sub forms of Indian English.
- Languages With Most Native And Non-Native Speakers | Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- The Bar Chart Shows How Frequently People Ate In Fast Food Restaurants | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- The Chart Below Shows The Places Visited By Different People Living In Canada | IELTS Task 1 Report Sample
- Money Spent On Consumer Goods By The French And The British | Band 8 Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- The Bar Chart Shows How Frequently People In The US Ate In Fast Food Restaurants | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- Road Access To City Hospital | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- Understanding number conventions for the Listening module
- Sites Proposed For Building Shopping Mall | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report
- The Two Maps Below Show Road Access To A City Hospital In 2007 And 2010 | Task 1 Academic IELTS Report