Teachers Think That International Students Exchange Would Be Beneficial For All Teenage School Students | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Teachers think that international students exchange would be beneficial for all teenage school students. Do you think its advantages overweigh its disadvantages?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
According to some teachers, it is beneficial for students to participate in international student exchange programs. I fully agree with this view. In my opinion, the advantages of this practice certainly outweigh the disadvantages.
There are multiple advantages to be gained from the exchange. Firstly, students get exposed to foreign cultures and that enhances their understanding of the world and make them more tolerant of difference. In addition, being an exchange student is an opportunity for them to learn one or more foreign languages. When they study for a few months in a foreign country, they get exposed to their local language and this makes language learning easier for them. In this age of globalization, being bilingual or multilingual is quite an advantage. Students also get to become familiar with the advanced technology used in the country they visit. All of these are valuable experiences that will help them grow as an individual and a professional. Needless to say, students who had an international tour experience during schooling years are far more confident and independent. This experience enhances their personality, communication skills, and a lot more. In this way, the exchange program changes a teen’s life immensely.
On the flip side, there are minor disadvantages too. To start with, such programs are expensive and not every child can afford them. If only rich students can participate in them, it will make poor students feel deprived. It is also possible for some students to experience home sickness or a culture shock when they visit a foreign country on such exchange programs. However, these are minor drawbacks that cannot annul the benefits of an exchange program.
To conclude, this essay has described the advantages and disadvantages of the exchange program. Overall, I am inclined to believe that advantages of student exchange programs overweigh drawbacks.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- Band 7 essay sample | Learning a foreign language at primary school is beneficial
- School Teachers Are More Responsible For Social And Intellectual Development Of Students Than Parents | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More And More Students Want To Study At International Universities
- Some Experts Believe That It Is Better For Children To Begin Learning A Foreign Language At Primary School | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Why Does Attending An International School Give You An Advantage Over Other Students?
- International Tourism Has Brought Enormous Benefits To Many Places | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- University Students Are Increasingly Studying Abroad | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Argue That Holding Sporting Events Is Beneficial To A Country’s Development | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many High School Students Take Part Time Jobs | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample