Teachers Are More Responsible Than Parents For The Intellectual And Social Development Of Children | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
Teachers are more responsible for the social and intellectual development of students than parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band IELTS essay on this topic. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, teachers play a greater role than parents in the social and academic development of children. I do not quite agree with this view. In my opinion, parents and teachers are equally responsible for the progress and success of children.
Teachers certainly play an important role in the development of children because students spend a great deal of time at school. Teachers not only teach; they also act as the guardians of their students. In addition to teaching alphabets and numerals, they impart crucial social education. For example, teachers teach students how to get along with others. They teach them to cooperate and compete with one another without hurting them. Since the school is a microcosm of the world, it is the best place to learn social skills and teachers make this easier by guiding children every step of the way.
The role of parents is equally, if not more, important. Parents are the first people that the child comes into contact with. Actually, studies have shown that much of the brain development occurs before the age of three. Teachers play little or no role during this period. Also, no one loves the children like their parents do. Teachers are guiding lights and protect children from bullying and other vices at school, but the affection that they get from their parents is the ultimate security they need. Also, children are more likely to imitate their parents than their teachers. Actually, by simply being a role model for their children, parents can shape their character and career to a great extent. Parents also play a role in ensuring that the atmosphere at home is conducive to learning. No matter how well the teacher teaches, if the home environment is not suitable for learning, the children will not progress.
To conclude, there is no denying the fact that teachers help with the social and intellectual development of children. However, the argument that they have a greater role than parents does not hold much water because parents are the first and most important influence on children.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Some People Think That Parents Should Teach Children To Be Good Members Of The Society | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some People Think That Parents Are Responsible For Teaching Children Discipline
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- Band 9 essay sample | Watching TV or playing video games affect the intellectual development of children
- IELTS essay about parents buying too many toys for their children
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools
- IELTS essay: Should children attend nursery schools prior to their primary studies?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?