Successful Companies Use Advertising To Make More Sales | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Successful companies use advertising to make more sales. What can make an advertisement very effective? Do you think this is a bad thing or a good thing for the society?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Advertisement is used as a key to increase the sales made by many popular firms worldwide. In my opinion, these companies can make their adverts fruitful by leveraging celebrities as their brand ambassador. However, advertising impacts people negatively by making them get in to debt.
Powerful adverts can be made by hiring famous personalities to endorse the product. This is to say that, advertisements starring celebrities such as cinema artists or sports persons can easily reach general public. This is because people know them very well and tend to buy the products advertised by them. Another method of making effective advertising is creating adverts based on real life incidents or stories. For example, the popular Indian brand Amul often makes adverts inspired by sensational current events and thus manages to grab enough eyeballs.
However, advertising has a negative impact on the society as it encourages people to buy more products even if they are not in need of those items. Consequently, people tend to obtain more personal loans and stay in debt for life. For instance, the advertisement of sports cars tempts younger generation to buy them even if they cannot afford them. This will land them in serious financial difficulties. Moreover, it is annoying to watch repetitive advertisements while we watch our favorite program on television.
In conclusion, many giant companies increase their sales by advertising. They can make it more effective by using popular figures as their brand model and by making adverts based on real life incidents. Still, advertising is considered as disadvantageous as it makes people bound to debt and disturbs people when they watch some important program.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Successful Companies Use Advertising To Make More Sales | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Believe That Advertising Has Negative Effects On Consumers | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The High Sales Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- If You Sell A Product And People Buy It, There Is No Need To Advertise It | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Sale Of Popular Consumer Goods Reflect The Power Of Advertising | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable In Today’s Society | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | The popularity of consumer goods is a reflection of the power of advertising
- Some Of The Methods Used In Advertising Are Unethical And Unacceptable | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Academic Report About Estimated Sales Of Jeans