Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
A century ago, when man landed on the moon, many people thought that it was a great contribution to the mankind. However, space travel has made little difference to people’s lives. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Although some people think that space research does not provide much value because it has not been able to find life on any other planet, in my opinion, it has benefitted humans in many ways.
A major contribution of space travel is the exploration of the universe. In ancient times, people were not aware of the common facts related to our earth and other planets. Even the shape of the earth was not confirmed and space travellers made it possible by clicking photographs from the space. The search operations conducted by the researchers contributed to greater understanding of the galaxies in the space. Furthermore, these findings helped us to study the geographical features of our planet, which are important to determine the weather conditions or predict natural disasters.
Heavenly bodies such as asteroids or comets often collide with one another and then their pieces may fall on earth causing destruction. With the help of space research we can detect such threats in advance and take measures to protect our earth. Not only this, some beliefs in supernatural powers have also been eradicated from the minds of people as they can comprehend the universe with facts, figures and photographs. In addition to this, space travel is an intriguing area of science and attracts many youngsters to join this field. Because there is too much to explore, coming generations can have better career prospects in this sector.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that space travel made so many contributions and in future there are possibilities of finding life on other planets.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Post it in the comments below for a free band score estimate.
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Education Focuses On Facts Rather Than Practical Skills
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About Air Travel And Air Pollution
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | To Learn About Other Countries It Is Important To Travel To Them
- Some people think that to learn about other countries, they need to travel | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- IELTS Cue Card | Describe the perfect job | Travel writer
- Forests are the lungs of the earth | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Politicians More Influential Than Scientists