Space Exploration Costs Tax Payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Space exploration costs tax payers an exorbitant amount of money each year. What are the advantages and disadvantages of spending money on space exploration?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
The interest in space research has peaked over the years and each year countries are spending inordinate sums of money on this. This essay discusses the merits and demerits of making huge investments in space research.
Firstly, the secrets of space have always intrigued humans. Effects of global warming and population explosion on earth are other factors driving scientists to find habitable planets elsewhere. Therefore, large amounts are spent to build spacecraft and other devices which would help astronomers reach out to the celestial bodies. For instance, NASA engineers are working on robots and rovers that can search for the presence of water or plants on Mars and other planets so that we can inhabit them in the future.
On the downside, there are still millions of people struggling to fulfil their basic needs and hence there is no justification for spending too much money on space research. Without doing anything to improve their current situation on earth, it is ridiculous to spend money for finding other planets that we can colonize in the future. Also, when nations spend too much on space research, there is a limit to the amount of money they can spent on other key areas like healthcare, education and infrastructure.
To conclude, investing in space research is certainly good for humanity as it will help us learn more about our universe. However, nations should prioritize finding solutions to problems already plaguing earth before setting about trying to colonize other planets. After all, there is no guarantee that we will find another habitable planet elsewhere.
Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
- Space Exploration Costs Tax payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Year | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Exploration Costs Taxpayers Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Other | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Space Exploration | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Spending Money On Space Exploration Programmes Is A Waste Of Money | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Band 7 essay sample | Space exploration is a waste of time
- Some People Believe That Exploration Of Space Justifies A Large Amount Of Government And Private Investment | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Space Travel Has Made Little Difference To People’s Lives | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Governments Spend Millions of Dollars On Space Programmes | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Many People Spend A Large Amount Of Money On Birthdays And Weddings | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample