Sometimes People Think That Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Their Family At A Certain Age | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Sometimes people think that young people should be encouraged to leave their family at a certain age, while others think that it is better for them to remain with their family. What is your view?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
According to some people, youngsters should leave their parental home at a certain age to live an independent life. Others opine that they should live with their parents as long as they can. In my opinion, it is better for young people to live independently after a certain age.
Even though living alone is demanding, it helps the individual to develop a certain mindset and personality. When the child is faced with day to day problems especially financial ones, he will learn to cope up. If they live on their own, such situations will turn them into problem solvers and they will not run to their family for help. By contrast, if youngsters live with their parents, they will instinctively lend a helping hand when they see their children in trouble without comprehending that it is a fierce world and learning to deal with such situations is crucial for their children.
While living with parents has its own perks, it also comes with a few downsides. A parent expects a child to follow their ideas and listen to their advice. Even if, this is in their best interest, the world has changed now. For example, while growing up, we were advised to choose engineering as a field of study because it was one of the highly paid professions. These days an engineer earns peanuts compared to most of other professionals. Therefore, it might be in their best interest; still, a child must formulate his life goals based on his own experiences.
In conclusion, it is better for a child to leave their parent’s house at a certain age. It is a parent’s duty to decide and plan well in advance. Not only is this better for the mental development of the child but it also teaches them crucial life lessons.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Young Children Should Be Encouraged To Leave Family At A Certain Age | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People Should Be Encouraged To Leave Home When They Become Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Small Businesses Should Avoid Recruiting Young Women Who Do Not Have Their Own Family In Order To Avoid Paying Maternity Leave | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 essay sample: Friends’ influence over young people
- IELTS Speaking Questions: Family- related
- Some People Think That Young People Should Choose Their Professions Themselves | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That The Government Should Pay One Of The Parents Of Very Young Children To Stay At Home | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Sometimes Said That People Should Be Encouraged To Get Married Before They Turn 30 | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Young People’s Ideas And Attitudes Are Different From Those Of Their Parents | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some Believe That Elderly People Should Live In Nursing Homes; Others Think They Should Live With Their Family | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample