Some time, sometime and sometimes
These words are often confused.
Some time means ‘quite a lot of time’.
- It took me quite some time to finish the job.
- She lived in Delhi for some time, so she speaks Hindi fluently.
Sometime refers to an indefinite time. The expression someday has very similar meanings.
- We will meet sometime soon.
- Someday my prince will come.
Sometimes means ‘more than once’. It is an adverb of frequency.
- We sometimes went fishing when we were kids.
- Sometimes I think I would like to do something else.