Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some scientists think that there are intelligent life forms on other planets and messages should be sent to contact them while other scientists think that is a bad idea and it would be dangerous. Discuss both the views and give your opinion
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some scientists argue that there is life on other planets and it is good to send messages to contact them while other scientists believe that these kinds of activities will be a threat to human existence on earth. In my opinion, trying to interact with life forms on other planets may have negative impacts on human life and it is better to avoid it.
Some scientists believe that contacting life forms on other planets is beneficial. If human beings can contact them, their resources can be utilized for the betterment of human life. For example, human population is increasing and natural resources are depleting. If we get alternative energy sources from them, it will be a great help for the human population on earth.
If the interaction with the life on other celestial bodies has a positive impact on human beings, it will be good but there is no guarantee for this. This kind of positive relationship is just an expectation. If extra terrestrial beings are superior to us, they are more likely to have destructive effect on us. Superior species always dominate inferior species just like human beings dominate other forms of life on earth. Many other living beings on earth are under threat of extinction as human beings are superior to them. Similarly, extra terrestrial beings may wipe out human beings from the earth. Moreover, great scientists such as Stephen Hawking have already given us warning against interaction with life forms on other planets. Human beings can live happily on this planet if they utilize natural resources wisely instead of exploiting them. There is no need to search for resources from other planet when there is no guarantee that they can help human species.
In conclusion, in my opinion, relationship with the life on other planets may have negative effects on the life on earth. It is better to use the resources on earth wisely and live here happily instead of trying to colonize other planets.
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Natural Resources Are Being Consumed At An Alarming Rate
- IELTS essay about space exploration
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Are Politicians More Influential Than Scientists
- IELTS essay writing task: Are politicians more influential than scientists?
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample About The Extinction of Wildlife Species Due To Human Activity
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some Employers Want To Be Able To Contact Their Employees At All Times