Some Say That The Internet Is Making The World Smaller By Bringing People Together
Some say that the Internet is making the world smaller by bringing people together. To what extent do you agree that the Internet is making it easier for people to communicate with one another?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
In the present world, the advancement of technology such as the internet and online communication has reduced the gap between different continents considerably. Hence, I strongly agree with the view that the internet has made the world smaller / brought people closer. I believe that the progress in the internet technology has made international communication much easier than ever before.
To begin with, the method of talking with people is becoming much more efficient and quicker due to the internet nowadays. For instance, the geographical barrier between continents has reduced to a great extent because of the internet. A person from the USA can easily chat with his loved ones in India due to the invention of technology. What’s more, they can do this anytime and from anywhere with a few taps on their phone or computer.
In addition, there are many great social media platforms such as Facebook or WhatsApp messenger through which one is able to make not only voice call but also real-time face video chat. In other words, people do not feel apart from each other even if they are living abroad. This is not possible without the internet technology.
Furthermore, the development of business has become quite/more flexible and convenient not only for vendors but also for traders. This is possible because the internet has provided a much faster route to communicate between customers and vendors. For example, the trader can simply talk with his vendors for his business by using the electronic mail or Skype. Better still, they do not have to travel or meet in person to close a business deal. Thus, the internet saves) time and money for both of them as they do not need to spend on travel or accommodation expenses which they might have to incur if they had met face to face.
In conclusion, the internet has greatly reduced the communication barrier between the people on the earth. This, in turn, has facilitated effective and efficient chat between not only relatives who live thousands of miles apart but also businessmen. In fact, this flexibility will be helpful for a nation to expand trade globally and thus boost the economy.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- The Internet Has Made The World Smaller By Bringing People Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That The Internet Is Bringing People Together By Making The World Smaller | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Businesses As Well As Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 Essay Sample About Making Friends Online
- People Now Have The Freedom To Work And Live Anywhere In The World | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay | The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- Nowadays The Way People Interact With Each Other Has Changed Because Of Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample