Some Professionals Such As Doctors, Lawyers And Engineers Are Paid Much Higher Than Ordinary Workers | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays, some professionals such as doctors, lawyers and engineers are paid much higher than ordinary workers. What do you think of this trend, and what kind of workers do you think deserve higher wages?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, some professionals including doctors, lawyers and engineers are granted higher wages than those average employees. In this essay, I will discuss why their higher earnings are reasonable and what kind of occupation should be offered higher salaries.
There are several lines of evidence justifying the higher earnings of these professionals. To commence with, in order to work as a doctor or engineer, one needs post graduate or doctoral degrees that can only be obtained after several years of study. In addition, people’ earnings should be based on their contribution to the whole society. Doctors’ work plays crucial roles in maintaining individuals’ health, and lawyers make sure that people get justice, while civil engineers design houses, shopping malls, bridges and so on.
Having said that, there are several other professionals who deserve higher salaries. In my opinion, scientists deserve higher salaries, since the vast majority of people are beneficiaries of the development of science. To be more specific, it is medical scientists’ continuous dedication that contributes to the enhancement of medical development. Consequently, those previously incurable diseases can be cured, and humans’ life expectations have been prolonged. Besides, it is agricultural scientists’ contribution that increases the output of food, and thus eliminates the threat of malnutrition and food shortage. Soldiers and cops also deserve higher salaries because without them we cannot live safely.
In conclusion, the fact that some professionals earn more than others is justified. In my opinion, salaries should be commensurate with the skills and experience required to perform a job and the contribution they make to the society. Hence, I believe that scientists also need to be paid more.
- Successful Sports Professionals Can Earn A Great Deal More Money Than People In Other Important Professions | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Nowadays, Doctors Can Become Very Rich | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Own Poorer Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- When Doctors And Nurses Migrate What Problems Do They Cause | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Leave Their Own Country To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Such As Doctors And Teachers Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Celebrities earn more money than other professionals. Is this justified?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Talented Professionals Are Migrating To Developed Nations
- Doctors Should Be Responsible For Educating Their Patients About Health | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample