Some People With A Good Education And Experience Decide To Move Abroad For Work | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people with a good education and experience in their field decide to move abroad to work. Why do you think that is? What are the problems caused by this?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Some educated and highly skilled individuals prefer to migrate to more developed nations and work there. There are many reasons for this trend and also it leads to many problems. This is caused by the belief that they could secure better paid jobs in rich countries. However, this migration could affect the economic situation in their home countries.
The primary reason skillful people leave for other countries is the better job prospects in richer nations. Despite their education and skills, many people are not paid well enough to make ends meet in their countries. For example, in Egypt, doctors in public hospitals secure an income of only 50 dollars per month. As a result, they will travel to Western European countries where doctors’ monthly wages are tremendously higher. The advancement opportunities are also better in more developed countries. An engineer working in a German enterprise can move forward into a managerial role in the company after some years. However, in many Chinese companies, the management board is usually made up of family members. Many Chinese workers cannot advance, even though they are skilled and educated. Therefore, they seek work in other countries with better career prospects / with better opportunities for career growth.
This trend positively affects the economy of the developed country. In other words, the educated and highly experienced immigrants usually secure well-paid jobs, and hence they pay higher taxes. The money is then allocated by the government for national healthcare, education, transportation and housing. Thus, they contribute to the betterment of the society. However, their home countries will suffer great losses in services. If doctors and teachers immigrate to other countries, the healthcare and education system will face a shortage of personnel to help the population. It will be very difficult for them to find smart and well-prepared people for these jobs.
In conclusion, people travel to work in other countries because of better job prospects in terms of monthly wages and advancement opportunities. This trend helps the economy of the target country but it can be highly detrimental to the healthcare and education system in their home nations.
- Nowadays Families Move To Different Countries For Work. Some People Think It Has Negative Effects On Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Believe That People Who Do Physical Work Should Be Paid On Par With The People Who Have High Level Degree | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Poor Students Find It Difficult To Get University Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of pursuing higher education abroad
- An Increasing Number Of Professionals Are Leaving Their Poor Countries To Work In Developed Countries | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- More Money Should Be Spent On Adult Education Than on Children’s Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Education should be accessible to people of all economic backgrounds.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Completing university education is thought by some to be the best way to get a good job. On the other hand, other people think that getting experience and developing soft skills is more important.
- Many People Nowadays Travel Abroad For Their University Education | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample